Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Low Friction Tiles

  • Got low friction tiles working. Actors pushed on these don't stop until they reach a non-low friction tile, or get blocked.
  • Started working on trigger tiles.
  • Designed a number of push puzzles


Updated my to do list and noticed that most of the outstanding items are little things, with exception of 2 daunting jobs: Enemy AI and animation. I also note that I am 3 weeks away from the deadline I set myself. I must progress faster than what I currently am, if I want to meet it.

Designing the puzzles is interesting. They can add play time and challenge to a game, but make them too hard and it leads to frustration. I don't want to make them too big a part of the game as puzzles are only fun until you know the solution. Then it becomes a memory game.

No comments:

Post a Comment